IntroductionANTIBIOTIC ZONE READER determines the strength of antibiotic materialsby measuring diameter of 0 to 80.0mm of inhibited zone in petri dish.
Agar in petri dish is inculated with bacteria. Then sensitivity disc are diapenaed on to dish. After incubation, bacterial growth cover diac except circular inhibited zone. Zone diameter is fuction cf antibiotic strength.
Light from bese passes up through transparant & semitransparant portion of agar. Adjustable sliding rubber belt facilitates positioning of dish relative to light source.Light then pases to reflecting mirror which reflects image on viewing glass. Arc from one edge of the circle zone ia adjusted tangent with line on Viewing Glass by slider knob. Push “ZERO” switch to get the reading Zero on digital diaplay.Then the entire diah is to he moved hy turning Slider knob, until arc trom opposite side of inhibit zone is brought tangent to same line. Take down the reading from the digital display.
- Accurate reading of the zone in mm on digital display.
- Resolution is 0. imim.
- Electronic "ZERO" adjustment oliminate tidious zero setting on the scale.
- No perallax so no human error in reading.
- Fine tocous adjustment for clear image on viewing glass.
- No etfeat of ambient light on maga
- Halogen lamp for sharp & bright optical imaging and also it haa long life.
- User'a friendly design to operate the inatrument.
- Range : 0to 80.0mm
- Least Count : 0.1mm
- Diaplay : 3 Digit 7 aegment Red LED
- Power Supply : 230V, SOHz AC
- Dimension : 370W X 380 D X 220mm H
- Weight : 5Kg. approx